The following are the steps to configuring a Phoogoo-hosted POP account in Mac Mail
Step 1: Receive your email settings
Your POP account will contain the following settings. Please save these settings in a secure place that you can reference, but that others cannot access.
POP Server (Incoming): mail.yourdomain.com
SMTP Server (Outgoing): mail.yourdomain.com (use port 26)
Step 2: Configure Mac Mail
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- If the “Welcome to Mail” assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Passwordfields.Note: Your email account password will be stored in Keychain to allow you to automatically log in to your email account when you open Mail.
- Deselect “Automatically set up account” if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose POP Account from the Account type options
- Give your account a useful description, such as “Anne’s Gmail account” or “Juan’s Yahoo! email account”. It can be called whatever you want.
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server, User Name and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as “Gmail Outgoing Mail Server” or “Yahoo! Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details.
- Do not check “Use Authentication” Click Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, enter your Outgoing Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check “Take account online”. Click “Create” to complete the process.
- Under Mail > Preferences > Accounts select your email account.
- Next to “Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP):” select “Edit SMTP Server List” from the drop down menu.
- Select the SMTP server you just set up and click the advanced tab. Select the “Use custom port” option and enter 26.
- Uncheck the “Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) check box and for authentication make sure “None” is selected.