The following are the steps to configuring a Phoogoo-hosted POP account in Microsoft Outlook
Step 1: Receive your email settings
Your POP account will contain the following settings. Please save these settings in a secure place that you can reference, but that others cannot access.
POP Server (Incoming): mail.yourdomain.com
SMTP Server (Outgoing): mail.yourdomain.com (use port 26)
Step 2: Configure Outlook
1. In Microsoft Outlook, from the E-mail Accounts menu, select Tools.
2. On the E-mail Accounts wizard window, select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. For your server type, select POP3 and then click Next.
4. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
- Your Name (First and Last Name)
- E-mail Address (Your Email address)
- User Name (provided in your email settings – this is normally your email address, but with a + instead of an @)
- Password (provided in your email settings)
- Incoming mail server (POP3) (provided in your email settings)
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP) (provided in your email settings)
5. Click More Settings.
6. On the Internet E-mail Settings window, go to the Outgoing Server tab.
7. Select My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
If you did not change the SMTP relay section, select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
8. Go to the Advanced tab, and then change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 26.
9. Click OK.
10. Click Next.
11. Click Finish.